Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sarah J. Dahl

"You've ruined one of the best things that could have ever happened to me."
That's what my father decided to mumble at me before he looked away. To my front and right, dishes piled up to the knee practically glaring at me while sitting on some random drape. What were my options? What did he want? What? Would it hurt him that much to just tell me what? Ethan, my dog, is tucked into the couch corner directly to my left, probably wondering the same thing as me. Is this the reality of things? Petty and painful insults from a pitiful man. Yes, that's the reality.




The lyrics say it all if not more.
 "But I’m just his daughter
Walking down an icy grave
leading to my Schizophrenic father.
Weeping willow won’t you wallow louder
Searching for my father’s power"
Granted, yes, my father wasn't schizophrenic... He was an alcoholic and on some other things so he wasn't fully there, he just wasn't capable of making things function.

Ethan went threw it all with me and too this day even though I ask what he was thinking when it happened I just get a blank stare.

It' Happens.
IMG_4420.jpgIts Unmistakable when you get that burning sensation behind your eyes. The burn that feels like when the air from a blow dryer is hitting your eyes for longer than 20 seconds or as if someone was holding your face over a burner on high with your eyes open. Then you hear those scratchy sounds....sctt...scttt.... up against the door. Then a being enters.Those pretty green eyes...when ever the white turns red the green truly pops. Though as beautiful as they are its okay to close them. I'll understand.
I put this picture of my cat, Cattin Jean-Luc Picard because every time I get teary he is somehow there. He just always knows when I need to see his fuzzy little face. Dance with me is sort of our song."Feel my love, Coming from the heavens above, When my eyes meet your eyes,You know it's true"


I carry too much of everything ever. -.-
All photos in my posts are my own.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah: This was a good detailed story like how you described the setting. It was a very powerful story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah: “Petty and painful insults from a pitiful man.” I really liked that line because it was put together thoughtfully. And i love how Petty, painful, and pitiful interact with each other.
    I liked that you used repetition and personification. When you repeated “What” multiple times that made us feel what you were feeling. And when you talked about the dishes piling up and glaring at you, it gave them character, i liked that. They both worked with the story because they pulled me into the situation, to where i could get a visual and have an understanding about your dilemma. I liked the vignette it was very deep,
    sometimes i ask the same questions.
    Reading this vignette made me feel a bit sad and also brought a warm feeling when you talked about your dog. I can relate to the vignette because in certain situations with my dad i ask the same questions.

    ReplyDelete